BHHBA members get the very best information, advocacy, education, and networking opportunities. Here are the reasons why you should join BHHBA today:
- Local Member-to-Member Discounts: When you join the BHHBA you can take advantages of exclusive members only local discounts. Click here for more info on member discounts
- Black Hills Builder Magazine: As a BHHBA member you can take advantage of the members only advertising opportunities available through Black Hills Builder Magazine. For more information on Black Hills Builder Magazine contact Jessica Meza at 605-430-6706.
- Three-in-One Membership: When you join BHHBA, you automatically become a full member at the state (SDHBA) and national level (NAHB). That's three memberships for the price of one. All offer plenty of resources to help each member make the most of their investment and connect with the benefits they value most.
- Membership Health Insurance and Supplemental Insurance Options: As a member of our local BHHBA, you also have access to insurance discounts from Wellmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield of South Dakota. Click here for more info. Through our local BHHBA we can also offer members access to Supplemental Insurance. Contact Denise Born at 605-545-2487 or e-mail
for more information.
- Powerful Advocacy: Currently ranked #11 on Fortune Magazine's "Power 25" Advocates, NAHB has the grassroots strength of over 225,000 members to defeat excessive regulations and defend affordable housing initiatives on Capitol Hill, in South Dakota, and in the communities where you do business. That puts money and time back in your pocket! Plus, our members are kept informed with prompt regulatory and legislative alerts.
- Critical News & Information
For over 60 years NAHB has been the nation's leading source for housing industry information. NAHB members use a variety of ways to stay connected to industry information, including publications, e-newsletters, exclusive Web site content, bulletins, special reports, e-mail alerts, and financial data, among others. Up-to-date information, when you want it, how you want it!
- Invaluable Networking Opportunities: As an alliance of 225,000-plus members from all areas of the industry, NAHB is a one-stop networking shop! From local networking receptions and monthly membership meetings to regional trade shows, national committees, and special-interest Councils, NAHB provides hundreds of ways for you to meet and build relationships with fellow professionals, customers, and suppliers.
- Nationally Recognized Educational Programs: In our competitive marketplace, differentiation is the key to success and NAHB's nationally recognized education programs offer just that. The NAHB University of Housing offers hundreds of educational programs in a variety of formats, including a number of designation programs, to help NAHB members gain and keep a competitive edge. No matter what your specialty is, NAHB has the curriculum, instructors, and prestige to boost your success. Learn how to reduce costs, increase your profit margins, and effectively deal with today's toughest issues through NAHB education.
- Access to Expert Advisors: Wouldn't it be great to have a team of industry experts at your disposal to address your specific business questions for free? When you become a NAHB member, you get instant access to our distinguished economists, legal research staff, financial experts, librarians, and regulatory and technical specialists.
- Exposure to the Latest Building Products and Services: As a NAHB member, you attend NAHB's trade shows and expositions at a low member price and get a first-hand look at all the latest products and services. Each year, attendance at the International Builders' Show™ (IBS) grows (last year it was over 100,000) because the word is out that it is a business building experience like no other! NAHB also sponsors the annual Remodelers' Show™, the International Commercial Construction Expo (ICCON™), the Seniors Housing Show™, the Multifamily Trends Conference™, and more. View all upcoming events.
- Industry Publications: Knowledge is your best defense in this rapidly changing industry. NAHB keeps you up-to-date with Nation's Building News Online, a comprehensive weekly news summary of the housing industry, and a free subscription to Builder Magazine*. Plus, members have access to a variety of publications on specific industry segments such as sales and marketing, remodeling, commercial building, and more. McGraw-Hill Construction provides NAHB Members complimentary access to the Sweets Residential Marketplace, your online resource for residential product information, industry news, links and tools like Request for Quotes (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) to enable you to work more efficiently and effectively.
*Builder and architect members will receive Builder Magazine automatically. Associate members must contact Hanley-Wood directly at 888-269-8410 to subscribe.
- Professional Recognition: Enhance your professional credibility and visibility by belonging to one of the nation's most highly respected and widely known trade associations. Not sure how to do that? Get involved. Join a committee. Join a Council. Attend your membership meetings. Become a Spike. Teach a class. Work on a community service project. Become a Congressional Contact. Do just one of these and you will see professional recognition comes easy when you get involved!
- NAHB Member Discounts: Reduce your day-to-day business costs with these member-only discounts. NAHB's purchasing power means big savings! Your membership entitles you to various discounts.
- Lobby Efforts: Full time lobbyist working at the state, national and local levels.
- Home Show: Participate as an exhibitor to over 12,000 potential customers at the annual Home Show in March. Advertise in the official Home Show magazine.
- Parade of Homes: Builders show their workmanship and market their homes at one of the largest open house events in South Dakota. The annual tours take place in the Spring and Fall. Suppliers are able to display their products in these newly built homes for added exposure. Advertising in the official Parade of Homes magazine is offered at a reduced rate for members.
- Daily Referrals: BHHBA gives daily referrals via the phone and website.
- Membership Meetings: Meet and network with approximately 400 members affiliated with the building industry. Enhance your business through our monthly association meetings and social events.
- Membership Roster and Directory: Your company's name, contact person and phone number is listed on our website, and our members' list is available at all times. Also, an alphabetical and category listing of all members in a pocket size directory is published yearly and free to all members.
- Monthly Publications: Receive the BHHBA monthly newsletter announcing upcoming events, association activities, and articles pertinent to the building industry. Also receive monthly publications from the National Association of Home Builders and the Builders, along with Builder Magazine free to all builders and offered at a reduced rate to associates.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: Promote your company by sponsoring one of the many BHHBA events.
- Mailing List: A list of all members and addresses is available free upon request.
- Professional Logo: Promote your professionalism in your industry by using camera-ready logo artwork in your advertising and display membership certificates at your place of business.
- Library Members: have access to the BHHBA library, which contains many publications related to the building industry, as well as OSHA safety videos. NAHB has the largest building related library in the world.
- Special Events: Participate in the many special BHHBA events such as golf tournaments, CIC/BHHBA Auction and many other events throughout the year.
- Community Services: BHHBA is committed to serving its community. Examples are scholarships, Home Builders Care Program and the Children's Fire Safety House.
- Advertising:Only members are allowed to advertise in the BHHBA newsletter, the BHHBA Membership Directory and Black Hills Builder Magazine.
- Design Services: Design services are offered to members for logos, ads, brochures, business cards, newsletters etc. at the lowest price in the Rapid City area.
Join over 225,000 industry professionals who are dedicated to the housing industry. Whether you're a multifamily or custom builder, a remodeler or a supplier, BHHBA membership provides the tools you need to succeed!
Benefits of Creating an Account with NAHB
Access privileged information on key homebuilding topics
- www.nahb.org features exclusive member information including reports, fact sheets, resources, videos, education offerings, and more to keep you informed and productive
Discover and interact with NAHB information
- Recommend items you find helpful
- Easily save important information for future reference by clicking the 'Favorite' button on each page.
- Send NAHB-authorized information to friends by clicking on the 'Email' button
- Use the Share tools to post links to NAHB-authorized information to popular social networking sites and tools
- Only available to logged-in users, the www.nahb.org Dashboard puts your favorite links, new messages, targeted promotions, and more on every page; all it takes is a click of the mouse to see information that is updated daily
Keep track of your activity
- Manage your user profile, personal information, view your purchase history personalize your webpage, access your saved information and so much more!
To access the NAHB website and login now, you will need to visit www.nahb.org. From there click on the login button in the top right hand corner. Next you will need to click on create you login now (this is located on the right hand side of your screen in the light blue box that says New NAHB Member?).
Please continue with the instructions of setting up your account new account. If you have any questions, please contact the 1-800 number located on the bottom of the webpage or the BHHBA office at 605-348-7850.