The Board of Directors is the policy-making body of the association and is responsible for the business affairs of the corporation.
The Board of Directors approves operating and capital budgets and ensures proper use of assets. Also, represents the membership of the association and understands issues facing the organization.
EDUCATION & SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Chair, Brett McManigal, Dakota Craft Builders Supply
two scholarships annually to a child or grandchild of an owner or
employee of a Black Hills Home Builders Association Membership.
- Oversees and coordinates all matters relating to the educational activities offered by the association.
- Selects, promotes, and
coordinates educational programming for the general membership of the
association to ensure members' needs are met.
and recommends opportunities for the association to promote educational
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Chair, Jeff Lage, *Villagio, LLC & Daene Boomsma, Boom Construction
- Stays abreast of local,
state and national legislative issues; recommends
association policy on legislative, regulatory, and legal issues to
the Board of Directors.
- Oversees and coordinates the government affairs, activities and programs of the
association in order to execute the public policy goals and
objectives of the association.
and tracks government activities and issues that may have an impact
on the industry.
research where necessary.
personal relationships with public (municipal, county, regional,
state and national) officials.
regular communications regarding actions by local government for
distribution to members.
and implements a system to alert members regarding pending government
issues of interest to industry.
a political action committee to raise funds to assist candidates for
- Acts as the
liaison with state and national government affairs committees and
garners support among local members for state and national
MEMBERSHIP & ASSOCIATES COMMITTEE
Chair, Jay Mendel, Mendel's Masonry & Construction
and recruits new members of the association and promotes involvement
in all association programs and activities.
- Works in conjunction with staff to establish goals; immediate and long-range; plans and conducts
programs for membership development; conducts incentive and
- Plans and conducts New Member Orientations; develops appropriate recognition
and welcoming of new members; develops and conducts a membership
for appropriate recognition of new members and their
- Reviews and selects membership materials available from NAHB and other sources.
- Oversees the awarding of
Spike Club credits.
- Coordinates Spike Appreciation Month activities and other Spike recognition
- Coordinates membership promotions with NAHB and state contests and
- Recommends and assists in the production of local membership materials and
- Plans and organizes a schedule of social activities to take place at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Plans informative programs and secures speakers for monthly Black Hills Home Builders Association membership meetings.
- Develops other Black Hills Home Builders Association services to meet member needs.
- Reports on progress to the Board of Directors and membership.
HOME SHOW COMMITTEE
- Working in conjunction with staff the committee plans,
develops, organizes, oversees, produces and promotes all aspects of
the association’s annual Black Hills Home Builders Association Home
- Develops and updates annually a set of rules and regulations governing the event and a budget to
ensure the program meets anticipated revenues.
- Encourages full member participation at the event and helps promote the home
show and sale of exhibit space through brochures, advertising, and
PARADE OF HOMES COMMITTEE
Chair, Jeff Weidenbach, Weidenbach Brothers Construction
- Plans, organizes,
produces, oversees and promotes all aspects of the association’s
annual spring and fall Parade of Homes events, including the
Parade of Homes guide.
- Develops and updates annually a set of rules and regulations governing the
event and a budget to ensure the program meets anticipated
- Coordinates all logistics for the Parade, including building registration, volunteer
participation, and public participation.
Chair, Zach Shull, Knecht Home Center
- Plans, organizes, produces and
promotes the annual Black Hills Home Builders Association golf
tournament in the Fall.
HOME BUILDERS CARE
Chair,Â Tyler Tribby, Premier Home Mortgage
- Â Plans and organizes requests from the community for improvement projects of income eligible people in the community.
BUILDPAC (Political Action Committee)
Chair, Jay Mendel, Mendel's Masonry & Construction
- Responsible for coordination and execution of fund-raising events for the local BuildPAC fund; also keeps membership informed of BuildPAC activities and disbursements of funds to political candidates on the state, local and national level.
Cheryl Bettmeng, Executive Vice President
Serves as chief administrative officer, recommends and participates in formulation of new policies and makes decisions within the bounds of existing policies. Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the staff, programs and activities to ensure the associations' goals and objectives are met.
Kendra Lee, Event & Marketing Director
All Staff can be contacted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday at 605-348-7850
Click here for directions to the BHHBA Office.